CCBRT is Seeking to Employ a Project Manager for a PEPFAR funded Project
“Making HIV/Aids Strategies Inclusive for People with Disabilities”
Application Deadline February 21, 2009
Comprehensive Community Based Rehabilitation Tanzania (CCBRT) is a locally registered Non Governmental Organization (NGO) first established in 1994. It is the largest indigenous provider of disability rehabilitation services in the country. CCBRT aim is to improve the quality of life of people living with disabilities as well as their families and to enable them to claim and use their legitimate human rights.
The PEPFAR project is aimed to considerably increase access for people with disabilities and their care givers to appropriate HIV/AIDS prevention, care, treatment and support services in Tanzania. The project is funded by PEPFAR for the duration of 3 years beginning 2009. CCBRT will coordinate the project in collaboration with the Government of Tanzania, civil society and other stakeholders.
*The Project Manager will have the following responsibilities*
· Setting up, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the project.
· Recruitment of part time HIV/AIDS and Disability Coordinators in consultation with the Community Program Director.
· Setting up of the National Platform in consultation with governmental, non-governmental and international stakeholders.
· Selection of target districts and partners in consultation with TACAIDS and NACP.
· Coordination and monitoring of the development of minimum guidelines (VCT, care and treatment), development and distribution of various Information Education and Communication (IEC) materials, and respective training manuals.
· Initiation, coordination and evaluation of trainings in collaboration with technical experts and target organizations.
· Further development of IEC, training materials and programs after lessons learnt in collaboration with technical experts.
· Establishment of follow up mechanisms to support trained experts.
· Establishment of collaborations and referral mechanisms between district authorities, disability and HIV/AIDS organizations.
· Provision and coordination of technical / advisory support to partners.
· Assessment and approval of small project proposals for infrastructure adjustments and campaigns in collaboration with CBM US and a representative of the National Platform.
· Development of public awareness programs on disability, equal right and HIV/AIDS.
· Generation of lessons learnt and continuous integration during the project implementation.
· Development of a reader on making HIV/Aids strategies inclusive in collaboration with technical experts.
· Development of annual work plans and setting of annual targets.
· Compilation of narrative / financial reports in collaboration with the CCBRT Finance Manager.
· Coordination and support of the work of the CCBRT Health, HIV/AIDS and Disability Coordinator and three HIV/AIDS and Disability Coordinators.
The project manager should have
· a minimum of 5 years working experience in HIV/AIDS
· In depth knowledge about HIV/AIDS strategy framework in Tanzania including HSHSP, NGPRS, NMSF as well as HIV/AIDS related working structures and relevant stakeholders in Tanzania.
· Experience in guideline and training programme development
· Proven working experience with vulnerable groups, preferably persons with disabilities
· Good analytic, report writing and presentation skills
· Experience in coordinating and managing larger teams
· Strong written and oral communication ability, both Kiswahili and English
CCBRT will offer an attractive salary package.
The Project manager is expected to start working latest 16th March 2009.
*How to apply*
If you believe you are the ideal candidate with the necessary background, please submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae detailing your experience, supportive documents as well as contact details of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to
CCBRT Executive Director/ P.O Box 23310, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Tel: +255 (0) 22 260 1543 / +255 (0) 22 260 2192 Fax: +255 (0) 22 2601544
*People with disability are highly encouraged to apply.*
*Closing date for applications: 21st Feb* (only short listed candidates will be contacted)
I received this job post via the Intl-Dev news distribution service, which people can subscribe to via email for free.
Subscribe to We Can Do
Learn how to receive an email alert when new material is posted at We Can Do (wecando.wordpress.com).
Other Resources at We Can Do
Catch up with the news; explore resources, toolkits, or funding and fellowship opportunities; find research, reports, papers, or statistics; or look up conferences, events, call for papers, or education/training opportunities.
[Published at wecando.wordpress.com (We Can Do)]Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( 5 so far )