Marketing and Communications Internship (paid), Global Partnership for Disability and Development, Washington DC
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS INTERNSHIP
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, 20006, United States
Organization: Global Partnership for Disability and Development (GPDD)
Area of Focus: Disability Issues, International Cooperation
Skill(s): editing, special events planning, Writing
End date: July 9, 2009
Start date: January 9, 2009
Last day to apply: December 6, 2008
Paid or unpaid: Paid
The Marketing and Communications Intern will provide critical support in raising awareness about the GPDD and its programs, disseminating information and outcomes, and providing outreach to a large number of diverse stakeholders. The duties of the GPDD Communication Intern include:
* Identifying key constituencies and stakeholders for the organization
* Assisting with the development of communications and marketing strategies to effectively engage them
* Assisting with the development and maintenance of communities of practice and work groups, comprised of individuals and institutions, in order to facilitate the GPDD programmatic and development goals
* Assisting with the development of informational materials about the GPDD, including website content, newsletters, annual reports, videos and other organizational materials
* Assisting with the development of press releases and management of media relations
* Assisting with the coordination of organizational mailings
* Coordinating special events
* Assisting with the maintenance of the organization’s contact and membership databases
* Staying abreast of local events, seminars and publications of interest to the organization and facilitating the organizations participation as necessary
* Management of special projects related to the communications strategy of the organization
Required Skills: A minimum of 3 years of under-graduate education.
Experience in communications field, disability issues, international relations, or development. Knowledge of information gathering and data building. Fluency in written and oral English; communication skills and ability to draft, edit and proofread. Computer proficiency.
Desired Skills: Experience or knowledge of communications and development. Master’s degree, or working towards a degree, in relevant field. Work experience in non-profit organizations.
Required Attributes: Proactive attitude and ability to work independently. Attention to detail and strong organizational skills. Creative and thorough approach to research. Interest in disability issues.
To apply, please submit your resume/CV and cover letter to
Please include “Marketing and Communication Internship” in the subject line.
Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
This announcement was disseminated on the GPDD mailing list.
Subscribe to We Can Do
Learn how to receive an email alert when new material is posted at We Can Do (wecando.wordpress.com).
Other Resources at We Can Do
Catch up with the news; explore resources, toolkits, or funding and fellowship opportunities; find research, reports, papers, or statistics; or look up conferences, events, call for papers, or education/training opportunities.
[Published at wecando.wordpress.com (We Can Do)]