Good Practice AWARD COMPETITION for Service Providers in Middle East: Chance to Win 1500 Euro for Organization
Note that the application deadline is October 18, 2008.
DISABILITY MONITOR INITIATIVE- MIDDLE EAST
Good Practice Award
The identification and sharing of good practices helps service providers to improve their performance and ultimately provide enhanced services for persons with disabilities. The Disability Monitor Initiative (DMI-ME) is conducting a Good Practice Awards program to recognize good practices in service delivery.
Who can apply:
- Service providers in Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Palestine and Yemen working in the areas of healthcare, education, livelihood opportunities and social protection – for persons with disabilities
- Service providers with no more than 40 salaried staff or an annual budget less than $300,000
What is the process:
1. Download the application form from this website www.disabilitymonitor-me.org
2. Complete the application and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Applications can be submitted until Saturday 18 October 2008
4. The finalists from the region will be shortlisted and notified to arrange a face-to-face meeting to allow gathering of more in-depth information about the good practice
5. Face-to-face meetings will occur during October, November and December 2008, with the final winners notified shortly after all the assessments are completed
What is the prize:
For shortlisted service providers
- their organization will be listed in the DMI-ME report themed around access to services for persons with disabilities in the Middle East due out in mid 2009
- will receive a free flight and accommodation for a member of the organization to attend a major Regional Disability Conference for the Middle East scheduled to take place in mid 2009
For winning service providers
- in addition to the above prizes, the organization will ultimately receive €1,500
- a commemorative plaque presented before the media, recognizing their achievements in demonstrating a good practice for the delivery of social services for persons with disabilities in the Middle East
Unsuccessful applicants will be informed why they were not considered as a winner and the judges’ decision is considered final.
This Good Practice Award competition is being funded by the Christian Blind Mission and Handicap International.
I received this notice via the GPDD mailing list.
Subscribe to We Can Do
Learn how to receive an email alert when new material is posted at We Can Do (wecando.wordpress.com).
Other Resources at We Can Do
Catch up with the news; explore resources, toolkits, or funding and fellowship opportunities; find research, reports, papers, or statistics; or look up conferences, events, call for papers, or education/training opportunities.
We Can Do Copyright
This blog post is copyrighted to We Can Do (wecando.wordpress.com). Currently, only two web sites have on-going permission to syndicate (re-post) We Can Do blog posts in full: BlogAfrica.com and RatifyNow.org. Other sites may be plagiarizing this post without permission.