11th Duskin Leadership Training in Japan
The Duskin Leadership Training in Japan program is intended for persons with disabilities in Asian and Pacific regions who have potential to be community leaders. To help achieve their goals, this program provides an opportunity for them to learn about welfare measures, policies and services for persons with disabilities in Japan and thus improve their knowledge and skills. It is sponsored by the Duskin AINOWA Foundation as one of the projects commemorating the Asian and Pacific Decade of Disabled Persons (1993-2002)
A maximum of 10 (in principle, one trainee from one country/region) will be selected. Training period duration will be 10 months.
Here are applicant Qualifications:
(1) The applicant should be a person with disability who wishes to contribute to the community as a future leader.
(2) In principle, the applicant should be between 18 and 25 years of age.
(3) Specific educational background or work experiences are not required.
(4) The applicant should undergo ten-month continuous training in Japan and should be able to adapt himself/herself to the Japanese way of life.
(5) The applicant should have sufficient communication skills to participate in the Japanese language course given in Japanese or Japanese sign language or English or American sign language.
(6) The applicant should be able to carry on the activities of daily life without assistance.
(7) The applicant should have his/her own training plan.
(8) The applicant should have a surety, who is a parent, brother or sister who is of age, or someone who is equivalent to the kin.
(9) The applicant should be ready to accept all risks in case of unforeseen incidents including accidents.
Application deadline of the 11th program is November 14, Friday, 2008
For more information please visit: http://www.dinf.ne.jp/doc/english/duskin/index.html
Thank you to Ghulam Nabi Nizamani for circulating this notice. Readers who are interested in attending, or who wish to make inquiries, should please follow the web link to the official web site for the 11th Duskin Leadership Training program and inquire directly with the organizers, and NOT with We Can Do. Thank you.
Subscribe to We Can Do
Learn how to receive an email alert when new material is posted at We Can Do (wecando.wordpress.com).
Other Resources at We Can Do
Catch up with the news; explore resources, toolkits, or funding and fellowship opportunities; find research, reports, papers, or statistics; or look up conferences, events, call for papers, or education/training opportunities.
We Can Do Copyright
This announcement was posted at We Can Do. RatifyNow and BlogAfrica.com have on-going permission to syndicate (re-post) We Can Do blog posts in full. If you see this elsewhere on the web, then it may have been plagiarized without permission.