JOB POST: Project Manager, International Development and Disability, MIUSA, Oregon USA
INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND DISABILITY
Application deadline September 5, 2008.
Mobility International USA (MIUSA), a national nonprofit organization founded in 1981 and based in Eugene, Oregon, promotes the human rights of people with disabilities through international exchange and international development. MIUSA seeks a qualified Project Manager with excellent international development, leadership, interpersonal, project management, writing and training skills to manage the USAID-sponsored Building an Inclusive Development Community project. This position reports to the Director of Programs and is the lead position for a team
of staff working on this project. The position is based in Eugene, Oregon USA.
Since 1998, MIUSA has been changing the paradigm of international development by framing the inclusion of people with disabilities as a human rights issue. With funding from the US Agency for International Development (USAID), MIUSA serves as a bridge to promote inclusion and bring together disability and development organizations. MIUSA provides technical assistance, training and resources to disabled peoples’ organizations (DPOs), USAID Missions and development agencies through the Building an Inclusive Development Community project.
* BS or BA degree required; Master’s degree strongly preferred in international development, international studies or related field
* Minimum two years field-based experience in international development, inclusion of people with disabilities in international development, or related fields, using a human rights framework and/or gender lens
* Five years experience managing complex projects with diverse stakeholders
* Experience managing federal grants and projects
* Experience managing project budgets and following financial procedures
* Excellent presentation and training skills
* Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, online research and data tracking
* Excellent writing, editing, and organizational skills
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
* Optimistic outlook with the ability to lead by example during difficult or stressful times
* Knowledge of one or more languages other than English strongly preferred
* Ability to travel nationally and internationally
* Passion for empowering people with disabilities in international contexts
For more information regarding the application go to: www.miusa.org
Applications are due by September 5, 2008 at 5:00 p.m. for initial consideration and screening. Position open until filled.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience including excellent benefits. Equal Opportunity Employer. People with disabilities and others encouraged to apply.
Send detailed cover letter with “Project Manager” in the subject line, resume and list of references via email to email@example.com.
Or, via postal mail to:
Mobility International USA
*ATTN: CERISE ROTH-VINSON*
Director of Administration
132 E. Broadway, Suite 343
Eugene, Oregon USA 97401
Thank you to MIUSA for submitting this job announcement to We Can Do. Interested applicants should please note that ALL applications and queries should be directed to MIUSA at the contact information provided above, NOT to We Can Do. Thank you.
Subscribe to We Can Do
Learn how to receive an email alert when new material is posted at We Can Do (wecando.wordpress.com).
Other Resources at We Can Do
Catch up with the news; explore resources, toolkits, or funding and fellowship opportunities; find research, reports, papers, or statistics; or look up conferences, events, call for papers, or education/training opportunities.