REQUEST for PROPOSALS: Society for Disability Studies Seeks Conference Locations 2009, 2010
The Society for Disability Studies is seeking conference locations for 2009 and 2010. They are particularly interested in finding an international location for at least one of those years, probably 2010.
The full Request For Proposals (RFP) is provided below. SDS has asked that people should please feel free to circulate widely. Anyone with questions or comments is welcome to contact Dr. Elaine Gerber directly at firstname.lastname@example.org (NOT We Can Do).
Dr. Elaine Gerber is the President of the Society for Disability Studies and is an Assistant Professor of Anthropology at Montclair State University.
Society for Disability Studies
Disability in Scholarship, Activism, & the Arts
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Society for Disability Studies seeks locations for
Annual Conference 2009
Annual Conference 2010
The Society for Disability Studies (SDS) is requesting proposals from institutions/organizations interested in hosting our annual conference in 2009 or in 2010. We are considering both national & international locations and either university or hotel venues. The conference generally draws between 300-400 people; sites must have sufficient access to accommodate many disabled participants. Proposals must be received by September 15, 2008.
Proposals should include:
1. Candidate(s) statement describing why site should be chosen as meeting location. In describing advantages, please include information about the following, if possible:
- presence of local disability community & level of interest in hosting SDS
- presence of educational institution(s) with Disability Studies programs & status of these programs
- presence of accessible venues of adequate size for professional meetings & off-site events
- affordability of location; costs
- status of hotels with accessible rooms and degree of accessible transportation to/from location
2. What local resources are available to insure full, high quality access to the conference? Please describe level of commitment from key stakeholders at educational institution(s) and/or advocacy group(s) towards providing these resources.
3. What additional information would you like us to know?
Please submit all proposals and queries to Elaine Gerber, President SDS, at: email@example.com
You may also consult the official SDS web site at: http://www.disstudies.org/
Thank you to Ghulam Nabi Nizamani for circulating this notice.
Subscribe to We Can Do
Learn how to receive an email alert when new material is posted at We Can Do (wecando.wordpress.com).
Other Resources at We Can Do
Catch up with the news; explore resources, toolkits, or funding and fellowship opportunities; find research, reports, papers, or statistics; or look up conferences, events, call for papers, or education/training opportunities.