PUBLICATION: Feb Issue UN Enable Newsletter
A sampling of headlines for the February issue is listed below, except that I have modified them to spell out most acronyms. To read the full stories (usually one or two paragraphs each), consult the February issue of the Enable Newsletter at http://www.un.org/disabilities/default.asp?id=312
- UN Commission Renews Mandate for Special Rapporteur and Agrees on Mainstreaming Disability in Development.
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Administrator Makes New Commitment to Disability
- World Bank and Organizaiton for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) Conduct Joint Effort for the Achievement of Millennium Development Goals 2 & 3. [We Can Do note, for those new to international development: the Millennium Development Goals are a set of targets agreed upon by country governments and development agencies for reducing global poverty and improving global health; more information at http://www.un.org/millenniumgoals/
- World Bank Psycho-Social Listserv is Open for Sign-Up at http://go.worldbank.org/SIP5GYWK00
- International Labour Organization (ILO) to Produce Advocacy Kit on Decent Work for Persons with Disabilities
- Ratification Talk in Serbia
- Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) Raises Awareness in the Maldives
- Sharing Experiences on Best Practices in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Services for Persons with Disabilities
- Identifying Concrete Actions in Mozambique Towards Implementation of the Convention
- Atlas: Global Resources for Persons with Intellectual Disabilities (Atlas-ID) (We Can Do note: The launch of this Atlas also was announced at We Can Do).
- United Nations Information Center (UNIC) Moscow Hosts Discussion on Persons with Disabilities
The February issue of the Enable Newsletter also lists several publications and upcoming events. You can read the January or February issue for free. Or you can sign up for a free subscription to receive each month’s newsletter via email, for free. All available at:
Learn how to receive an email alert when new material is posted at We Can Do (wecando.wordpress.com).
Also at We Can Do: catch up with the news; explore resources, toolkits, or funding and fellowship opportunities that might be helpful for your organization; find research, reports, papers, or statistics; or look up conferences, events, call for papers, or education/training opportunities.
This blog post is copyrighted to We Can Do (wecando.wordpress.com). Currently, only two web sites have on-going permission to syndicate (re-post) We Can Do blog posts: BlogAfrica.com and www.RatifyNow.org. If you are reading this anywhere else, then you are most likely reading a web site that regularly plagiarizes the work of other people.