CALL FOR JOURNAL CONTRIBUTIONS: Arts and Disability
German Journal for Disability and International Development
Call for contributions
Issue 1/2008 â•„ Deadline: Nov., 30th 2007
Topic: ARTS and Disability
This issue of the journal is about the state and the relevance of cultural participation by arts activities in the cultural life in developing countries. Arts and culture include many different fields such as drama/theatre, dance, music, visual arts, photography, literature, media and many more. In the context of disability and international development many questions emerge. This issue aims to focus on the following questions:
- What is specifically meant by a successful cultural participation and why and in which way are Persons with Disabilities excluded from arts and culture events? How can these barriers to participation in cultural life be dismantled?
- What is the personal and social impact of participating in arts activities and under which circumstances can PWD make a cultural contribution?
- How can PWD meet their own creative needs? How can art be a tool for self-realisation and emancipation?
- How is Disability represented in literature, theatre or visual arts and what about the societal dimensions? What is the perception of disability and in which way is the acceptance of PWD influenced by these representations?
- To what extend are PWD actively involved in arts and culture activities as creators? How can the arts industry offer chances for income generation and social inclusion? How about the role of cultural policy and development policy or the role of cultural organizations and the private sector in this context? What about the impact of intercultural cooperation?
- What about aesthetic education e.g. including music, painting, theatre, film or dance?
- What is the impact of approaches in therapy for PWD by creative arts (e.g. music therapy or movement therapy)?
Suggestions of contributions:
- Articles reflecting and analysing the topic in specific countries or regarding specific recipients/actors
- Impact studies/Surveys/Case Studies/Reviews
- News, Reports and other Resources
- And others
Dominic Dinh – firstname.lastname@example.org / Susanne Arbeiter –
email@example.com / Doris GrÃ¤ber – firstname.lastname@example.org
The Journal for Disability and International Development is published by the forum Disability and International Development. Since 1990 it is published three times a year. The target groups of the journal are scientists, professionals and interested people from all over the world. It aims to be a forum for an international exchange about the topic. Beside this it creates professional discussions on educational, social, developmental and intercultural issues in the context of disability and development. Each issue of the journal has a leading topic that brings together different articles.
The journal team and the advisory board try to win experts from all continents to contribute to the journal. The journal is published in German and English and the issues are completely available online:
http://www.zbdw.de | http://zbdw.de/projekt01/media/zbdw_author_info_engl.rtf (Authorâ•˙s Information).
We Can Do received this announcement via the Intl-Dev email news distribution list, which circulates announcements relevant to international development issues. Neither We Can Do nor Intl-Dev are involved with this journal or this opportunity: if you are interested in submitting papers, you could contact the journal directly.
Learn how to receive an email alert when new material is posted at We Can Do.