CONFERENCE: Improving Education, Rehabilitation for Deaf
The 8th Symposium of the Arab Federation of the Organs of the Deaf
“Improving Education and Rehabilitation of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing People”
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
April 28 – 30, 2008
The Arab Federation of the Organs of the Deaf will hold its 8th symposium in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The title of the symposium is: “Improving Education and Rehabilitation of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing People”.
Call for papers:
The scientific committee is seeking papers about (but not limited to) :
* The latest method in Deaf education Bilingual/Bicultural approach.
* Latest method in teaching Math, science, reading and writing.. etc.
* Deaf education at college level.
* Inclussion of the Deaf and hard of hearing in mainstream schools.
* Latest methods in training teachers of the Deaf.
* Cochlear Implants.
* Early intervention in Deaf and hard of hearing education.
* Speech therapy.
* Hearing aids and assesstive devices.
Languages of the symposium:
1. Arabic language.
2. Sign language.
3. English language (upon request)
4. International Sign Language (upon request).
Deadline for submitting abstracts: December 25th, 2007.
Deadline for submitting full papers: February, 22, 2008.
All papers should be sent by the email or by air mail on a CD to Dr. Zaid Al Muslat Al Meshari, Vice president of the Arab Federation of the Organs of the Deaf and the president of the scientific committee.
This event is organized by the Saudi Deaf Sport Committee. Its address is:
P.O. Box 154311
Tell: +966 (1) 4784198
Fax: +966 (1) 4761665
sma20006 at hotmail dot com
The symposium organizers will provide free tickets and accommodations for those who present a paper.
I obtained this announcement via the Intl-Dev mailing list. However, neither We Can Do nor Intl-Dev are associated with this conference.
Learn how to receive an email alert when new material is posted at We Can Do.