JOB POST: Regional Coordinator South Asia
The deadline for job applications is October 15, 2007. I received this announcement via Ghulab Nabi Nazamani. However, neither he nor I are associated with Handicap International or with this job opportunity in any way. Individuals interested in this opportunity should read the instructions below carefully and then contact Handicap International directly.
Regional Coordinator—South Asia (2 years) — HANDICAP INTERNATIONAL HQ
The South Asia Regional Coordination (SARC) program is one of Handicap
International’s regional platforms. The aim of SARC is to decentralise
aspects of program coordination and support from headquarters in France in
order to strengthen the programs of Handicap International in South Asia.
Based in Delhi, SARC works alongside programs in South Asia (Bangladesh,
Nepal, India, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Sri Lanka) to promote optimal levels of
quality in project planning, implementation and evaluation
Job description :
Under the Desk Officer for South Asia at headquarters, the Regional
Coordinator’s main role is to manage SARC so that it continues to add value
to the quality of Handicap International’s interventions in the region
through networking, coordination of technical support and by acting as a
His/her main responsibilities are as follows:
– Plan and monitor SARC activities (and corresponding budgets)
– Manage and coordinate the SARC team composed of : 1
administrative coordinator, 1 Human resources coordinator, 1 Disability
coordinator and his deputy, 1 prosthetic and orthotic technical coordinator
– Reinforce and develop SARC positioning and procedures
– Ensure internal coordination between programs and headquarter
– Ensure networking at the regional level
– Provide technical support to the program in strategic development
and his/her area of expertise.
Post constraints :
This position requires travelling (up to 30% of the working-time) within
South Asia for regional events, annual and technical missions.
Profile sought :
– Qualifications and experience in Disability or Public Health
– At least 5 years experience in development/humanitarian work
– At least 5 years professional experience in management/
– Excellent skills in strategic thinking
– Excellent analytical, planning, organising and task
– Excellent communication skills both oral and in writing
– Ability to develop networks
– Good interpersonal skills and diplomacy.
– Demonstrated understanding of the needs and rights of people with
disabilities in developing country contexts, and the methods employed to
Languages : an excellent level of written and spoken English, good command
of French an advantage
Salaried : 2450 to 2700€ monthly gross salary + benefits
Length of Mission : 2 years
Start date : 01/01/08
Please send cover letter and resume before the 15/10/2007 to : Reference
14, avenue Berthelot
69361 LYON CEDEX 07
Or by e-mail : email@example.com
Learn how to receive an email alert when new material is posted at We Can Do.